Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selecting Dates based upon Input

I know I've seen this topic before but I'm looking to go a little farther.  What I am trying to do is allow for the user to input a start date and an end date and then click a button that will apply to filter and select only the dates between them.  That part is working.

I also want to select the previous year for the same time frame as well.

For example, if the start date is 1/7/2013 and the end date is 1/13/2013, I would like 1/7/13 - 1/13/13 selected as well as 1/7/12 - 1/13/12.

I am using a SELECT IN FIELD action on a button to do this.  The current search string is:

='>='&date(vStartDate) & '<=' & date(vEndDate)

That works.  Anyone know how to add to that to allow the previous year dates to be selected as well?  I have uploaded my sample. !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

='(">='&date(vStartDate) & '<=' & date(vEndDate) & '"|"' & '>=' & date(AddYears(vStartDate, -1)) & '<=' & date(AddYears(vEndDate, -1)) & '")'

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

='(">='&date(vStartDate) & '<=' & date(vEndDate) & '"|"' & '>=' & date(AddYears(vStartDate, -1)) & '<=' & date(AddYears(vEndDate, -1)) & '")'

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much for the quick response!  I was so close.  For the | part I missed the double quotes inside the single.