Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selecting Range of Values in Column with Check Boxes or Buttons

Hi,

I have a column that contains months like:

Months.jpg

How would I create check boxes with canned time frames that would select the corresponding time frames in the list box above. The goal is to have something like this:

Scores Over Time.jpg

So, selecting "Last 3 Months" would select 2015-09, 2015-08 and 2015-07 and the other canned time frames would work the same. This would have to work relative to today's date (so, for the purpose of this question, assume today's date is in 09/2015). I'd ideally like to do with check boxes, but I suppose I could also do with buttons if that's easier.

I realize I could just use the "Month" list box above and have user select their own time frame, but I'm trying to figure out how to do it with the check boxes.

Thanks,

Kenny

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe have a look at

Lixt Box with Ranges of Values

for a start.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

‌eexample code can be found at Search Recipes | Qlikview Cookbook

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply, Damian. The example code you sent me to is pretty much what I want, but I can't figure out how to modify the example code to my data and get it to work. Part of what's confusing me is that my date table is just a list of months (just like the one displayed above). I don't know how to specify the max month (which would be "2015-09" in this case) and what the proper syntax is for specifying the Last 3 Months/Last 6 Months/Year to Date/All Time options. Can you (or anyone else) possibly provide the proper syntax for my specific scenario?

Not applicable
Author

The link that Damian provided led me to the solution. What I couldn't figure out initially was that the month data I was loading from Excel wasn't being recognized as dates, so I had to define that column as a date during the load, and then everything worked from there.