Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selecting data by date from a weekly concatenated qvd

Hi,

I could could do with some help with the following problem:

A QVD is created every week that contains the data from the previous week, and this weeks data.

The QVD contains a keydate column that is the daystart(date) that the data is captured on.

In my App - if i select a user in one chart box, then all the correct calulations are made, an example is below:

If(date = GetFieldSelections(date), Count({$<date={"=$(=only(date))"}, status={"-1"}>}dispute_id), Count({$<WeekYearNum={$(vSelectedDate)}, status={"-1"}>}dispute_id))

So for example, the above calculation would state that user Joe Bloggs has 100 dispute_id's to resolve.

However, in another Chart box, Joe Bloggs has 110 dispute_id's to resolve.

I think this second chart is displaying all the dispute_id's for all the weeks in the QVD, not the week selected.

Can someone please help me work out what the expression (?) needs to be for this second chart box?

Many Thanks,

Shane

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Please post a small qlikview document that demonstrates the problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I have however found a solution by adding the following as an expression to the second chart.

If(date = GetFieldSelections(date), Count({$<date={"=$(=only(date))"}, status={"-1"}>}dispute_id), Count({$<WeekYearNum={$(vSelectedDate)}, status={"-1"}>}dispute_id))

Thanks,

Shane