Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richardouellett
Creator
Creator

Selection For BookMark | table Date Field = table Date Field

Good Morning

I have a table called "Detail" that has several date fields.I would like to provide a user selection that would query the table where for example; Date_Ver = Date_Drw and if needed save this as a BookMark.  I know how to select Date_Ver = 02/25/2017 and Date_Drw = 02/25/2017 but I am looking to globally apply the query Date_Ver = Date_Drw across the entire table.  Can you advise?

Thanks

Rick

19 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

May be create a variable and use that variable in a trigger with On Select with select in field.

LET vSelection = "= Only(IF(GetFieldSelections(Date_Drw) = Date_Ver, Date_Ver))";

And use this variable in Select in field trigger. Else

Can you share a sample and expected output you are looking for?

richardouellett
Creator
Creator
Author

Vishwarath

Thank you for this suggestion.  Per your request I attached FieldEqualField.qvw for you to work with as an example.

Rick

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

What is your expected output should be ?

richardouellett
Creator
Creator
Author

Current selection box would show Date_Ver = Date_Drw and in the uploaded example the data set would be limited to only 5400 records where Date_Ver = Date_Drw.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Check this attached?

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

You have mistakenly selected one of my replies as Correct Answer?

richardouellett
Creator
Creator
Author

Well that gives the correct results but it is static.  I was looking to provide a bookmark and selection capability to the end user that would limit the initial query to Date_Ver = Date_Drw and provide feedback in the current selection window.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you elaborate on this bookmark, i quite did not get you what exactly you are trying to achieve?

richardouellett
Creator
Creator
Author

I am not sure that I can...  Basically I'm using the results in a field as criteria for selecting the contents for selection of a second field.  In a script I can set a query with this criteria with the following however the Date_Drw=Date_Ver criteria is not visibly available to the end user nor can the end user invoke the criteria easily.  I guess I am looking to provide a list box of date fields that can be selected by an end user to = another date field.

SET vKPISTATExcept=if(SS='x'and PrePrioity ='ST' and i1_4>1 and Date_Drw=Date_Ver ,1,0);