Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III

Selection on list box to remain in the same place

Dear Qlikview User

I have been searching for the answer to my question on forums and have tried several techniques, but am struggling to get my list box to stay in the same order when a selection is made

My list box is based on a field called month and I have the following months

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

I have sorted my listbox on a field called FMonth which is a number and assigns a 1-12 on each month.  With this field, I am able to get my desired look of the list box

Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar

However when I make a selection, the selction moves to the front of the listbox.  I would like it to remain where it was.  Can anyone help

May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr

Kind Regards

Helen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think you need to deselect the first option to sort by state, and whenever you are using a sort expression, you probably need to apply set analysis to the expression to ignore the effect of selection in that field:

=Only({1} FMonth)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think you need to deselect the first option to sort by state, and whenever you are using a sort expression, you probably need to apply set analysis to the expression to ignore the effect of selection in that field:

=Only({1} FMonth)

sunny_talwar

I am assuming that you are using a sort expression as FMonth, right?

Try this as your sort expression:

Only({1} FMonth)

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Did you try uncheck auto ascending in sort tab of list box that says State?Capture.PNG

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Stefan

Thanks very much!

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you SunnyT

Much appreciated