Did you mean: 
qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator

Selection pointing another field

Hi,

My dataset is as follow:

YEAR - MONTH - DAY

I tried to create a formula to get some data based on the selection on the fields above, that have to poin to another field.

YEAR -> YEAR_SURGERY

MONTH -> MONTH_SURGERY

DAY -> DAY_SURGERY

=Sum({<Invoice_Date=,Day_Surgery={$(=concat(chr(39) & Day & chr(39),',') )},Month_Surgery={$(=concat(chr(39) & Month & chr(39),',') )},Year_Surgery={$(=concat(chr(39) & Year & chr(39),',') )},Day=,Year=,Month=,Quarter=,Invoice_Date_Num=,>}WI_EUR)

As you can see, based on the selection done on Day/Month/Year, i would like to get data related to DAy_Surgery,Month_Surgery,Year_Surgery. 

This is working, but i have an issue:  if i select a low level data, like a specific product, the formula doesn't work. Seems like the formula to work, needs that a data on that day/month/year exist, otherwise will not extract the data on the Day_Surgery/Month_Surgery/Year_Surgery.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

1 Reply
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Not sure, but can you try to remove the Day,Month, Year? You already added into this in Set expression, but again it is getting ignore. is that correct?

=Sum({<Invoice_Date=,Day_Surgery={$(=concat(chr(39) & Day & chr(39),',') )},Month_Surgery={$(=concat(chr(39) & Month & chr(39),',') )},Year_Surgery={$(=concat(chr(39) & Year & chr(39),',') )},Day=,Year=,Month=,Quarter=,Invoice_Date_Num=,>}WI_EUR)

or try like

=Sum({<Invoice_Date=,Day_Surgery=P(Day),

Month_Surgery=P(Month),Year_Surgery=P(Year),Invoice_Date_Num>}WI_EUR)