Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selections should affect only the required charts in sheet not all of them

Hi,

I have a requirement in filtering data.

I have 2 bar charts in a sheet. I need to filter those 2 charts with the help of a selector. But those filtered values should not effect any of the other charts in the sheet.

How can this be implemented in Qlik Sense

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Soumya

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Since there is not yet Alternate State in qlik sense, you could achieve this by creating a data island at the back end.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Or override the filter the selections in the other charts using a set expression like:

{<Field1=, Field2=, Field3=>}

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Could you explain how this works.

I didn't get how to implement it.

Thanks

tresesco
MVP
MVP

This works only when you know that a field say Month field selection affects chart 1 and not chart 2. It would be one list box for Month in the sheet.  Use expression like =Sum({<Month>} Amount)  where you don't want Month field's selection to affect and use a simple expression like =Sum(Amount) where you need the selection to affect the result.  This {<Month>} is called set analysis. However, if you wish to have two different list boxes for Month to have effect separately on two charts, this method doesn't work; alternative state (available in qlikview) is made for that. In that case, follow my earlier suggestion.