Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selections should affect only the required charts in sheet not all of them

Hi,

I have a requirement in filtering data.

I have 2 bar charts in a sheet. I need to filter those 2 charts with the help of a selector. But those filtered values should not effect any of the other charts in the sheet.

How can this be implemented in Qlik Sense

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Soumya

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Since there is not yet Alternate State in qlik sense, you could achieve this by creating a data island at the back end.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Or override the filter the selections in the other charts using a set expression like:

{<Field1=, Field2=, Field3=>}

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Could you explain how this works.

I didn't get how to implement it.

Thanks

tresesco
MVP
MVP

This works only when you know that a field say Month field selection affects chart 1 and not chart 2. It would be one list box for Month in the sheet.  Use expression like =Sum({<Month>} Amount)  where you don't want Month field's selection to affect and use a simple expression like =Sum(Amount) where you need the selection to affect the result.  This {<Month>} is called set analysis. However, if you wish to have two different list boxes for Month to have effect separately on two charts, this method doesn't work; alternative state (available in qlikview) is made for that. In that case, follow my earlier suggestion.