Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Serial number in pivot table.

Dear Experts,

How can I include a serial number to a pivot table (raw number) ?

Rgds,

Priyantha.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Priyantha,

Use RecNo() function in load script.

Load * , RecNo() as SerialNo

From  source file:

You can use the field Serial Number in pivot table after reloading the application.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Priyantha,

Use RecNo() function in load script.

Load * , RecNo() as SerialNo

From  source file:

You can use the field Serial Number in pivot table after reloading the application.

vikasmahajan

use RowNo()  function with load statement.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Probably with lot's of zeroes in front?

If you want to keep something that looks like a number as the exact string value it had when you first brought it into your data model, you can either

• treat it from the start like text using the text() function. Serial Nos that are longer than 14 digits will remain text
  • prefix them with a non-numeric characyer (like a #) upon first loading them. The special character will force QlikView to treat them as text everywhere.

If this is not describing a solution, please provide fursther details on what you mean by "include a serial number in a pivot" and why you are unable to do so.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Dear T.Nagaraj,

Do you have any suggestion to use above serial no. not sensitive with selections. I mean what ever the selection in my pivot table serial no should starts with ONE and ends with the last raw no.

Rgds,

Priyantha. 

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

For use in (dynamic) chart objects (tables or graphs) you're on the wrong track with numbering table rows in your script with RecNo().

However, RowNo() can be used in sheet objects as well, and it will dynamically number the currently displayed rows. In a pivot table, use =RowNo() as the first dimension column, or use 'total' as parameter to number from the start.

Peter

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Priyantha,

You can use RowNo() in that case . If you have one dimension, RowNo() function would be fine. If you have more than one dimension, you need to use RowNo(Total). I have attached a sample file for your understanding.

pivot table (raw number)

I thought you were asking for a serial number based on your raw data. (You were mentioned as raw number).

Not applicable
Author

thkx.........