Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Server Reload Intermittently Fails and Completes

Hi All,

I have a Qlikview Extraction file on a Scheduled reload, however sometime this completes and other times it does not

Has anyone seen this before, and if so, what could be the issue

See below screenshot of the reload Task History

2015-07-02_1454.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen this happen when the qvd file is in use and cannot be overwritten.

You could use Execute before the Store() to try and delete the file with dos DEL before it does the actual Store().  If it fails on the delete then that will certainly point to the file being in use.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

I have changed a a couple of settings but I still have the same issue.

The document reloads without any problems when I manually reload the document.

All my other files are reloading successfully from the server, I have a problem with just this one file

Any suggestions

Regards

Alan

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I assume you've already checked the log files?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Yes, I just keep getting General Script Error.

It's driving me demented now, Now I cannot even load it manually, which was working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you share the reload log file ?

Is the command before it fails a Store() ?

If so then try putting a sleep(9000) immediately after the Store().

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Bill,

Yes it fails at the same place each time and it appears to happen just before a STORE command.

the log file just says General Script Error

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen this happen when the qvd file is in use and cannot be overwritten.

You could use Execute before the Store() to try and delete the file with dos DEL before it does the actual Store().  If it fails on the delete then that will certainly point to the file being in use.

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Bill,

It does not fail on the delete, I added the EXECUTE statement and it deletes the file without any issues as I surrounded

the before and after with TRACE to capture what is happening, it still fails on the STORE.

I have a TRANSFORM file that loads the extracted QVD, is it this file that is possibly causing the issue?

I will stop the reload of the Transform file and see if the Extract file completes without any errors.

Regards

Alan

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It could be something to do with the closing of the qvb.exe processes - if the next reload starts while the previous qvb.exe is still open, it will fail because of file locks not yet released by the previous qvb.exe. You could monitor this in the task manager.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks Bill, I stopped the TRANSFORM and the EXTRACT runs fine.

I need to change the Reload for the TRANSFORM file to run when the EXTRACT file finishes