cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbaksa_1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Set Analysis & Bookmarks

I'm trying to combine a bookmark and a set analysis dimension expression in the same set analysis expression, is this possible? Below is the set analysis expression I'm trying to write and I cannot seem the get the proper results in the output. The current expression returns values but it ignores the bookmark. The bookmark is the highlighted expression in the code below.

sum({$<[End_Parent_Prod_Dim.PRODUCT NUMBER] = {$(vSelectionTemp)}>} {$*[External Sales Last 12 Completed Periods]}[EXTENDED REVENUE] * [Conversion Rate])

Any Help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

3 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Do you want the intersection of the sets? The union of the sets? In any case, you'll need to use set operators, * for intersection, + for union. There are also - for exclusion, and / for symmetric difference (XOR).

So, for example, if you wanted the intersection of the two, I think this would be the syntax:

sum({<[End_Parent_Prod_Dim.PRODUCT NUMBER]={$(vSelectionTemp)}> * [External Sales Last 12 Completed Periods]} [EXTENDED REVENUE] * [Conversion Rate])

dbaksa_1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

This is exactly what I need to do. I see you also moved the > does this end the Product Number set?

Thanks,

Dan

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I don't see that I moved the >, but yes, that ends the product number set. So from < through > is one set, and then the bookmark is another set, and we intersect them with *.