Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis Product

Hi Guys,

Would like to know how to multiply fields in set analysis:

I know that for a sum of the field [Face_Amount] for records with [ScrubbingCode] = 'Included we have:

[1]            SUM({<ScrubbingCode = {'Included'}>}[Face_Amount])

But say for example, I want to sum the product of the fields Exposure and Face_Amount where ScrubbingCode = 'Included'

How do I incorporate the [Exposure] field in the formula in [1] b/c the following formula does not work:

[2]            SUM({<ScrubbingCode = {'Included'}>}[Face_Amount]*{<ScrubbingCode = {'Included'}>}[Exposure])

Thanks.

Joel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

=Sum({<ScrubbingCode = {'Included'}>} [Face_Amount]*[Exposure])

this expression will multiply Face Amount and Exposure and then sum it for each dimension.

=Sum({<ScrubbingCode = {'Included'}>}[Face_Amount])*Sum({<ScrubbingCode = {'Included'}>}[Exposure])

this expression will sum face amount and exposure for each dimension and then multiply.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

=Sum({<ScrubbingCode = {'Included'}>} [Face_Amount]*[Exposure])

this expression will multiply Face Amount and Exposure and then sum it for each dimension.

=Sum({<ScrubbingCode = {'Included'}>}[Face_Amount])*Sum({<ScrubbingCode = {'Included'}>}[Exposure])

this expression will sum face amount and exposure for each dimension and then multiply.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

The first one worked!

Thanks sunindia!