Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis: Strugling to compare division (Transactions) with Div in Report Definition

Hi Guys

I want to use Excel/Access to do Report Definition (Financial Reports).

I want the end user to use the following syntax to define for example Division:

100 (Division) or 100,200 (Division 100 & 200) or * (for all Divisions).

I need to get QlikView Set Analysis to recognize and compare/match it to the Division in the Transaction Table on a line level.

It is fairly simple to use a if then statement to do it.

It would read : Sum(if(Division = Def_Division,Amount))

This would solve the problem when you only use one division and not what I have in mind.

The Set Analysis Statement that I use does not seem to work and it is driving me nuts?

Sum({< Division = {'Def_Division'} >} Amount)

What I have done in the light green column (If Then) is what I want to see in the Green Column (with Set Analysis).

I would like to keep the Tables separate.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Naldus

2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can't do it using Set Analysis.. Set Analysis condition is being evaluated 'globally", i.e. outside of the chart dimension. You can build a SA condition that could render True or False in general, but not per each line in your Chart.

In order to apply your user-defined rules, I'd suggest doing it in the script and building relationships between your chart lines and the corresponding Divisions.

Not applicable
Author

Thanx

I will see if I can do the association in the Script

Naldus