Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Strange behavior

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.02.89.41/Test_2D00_Creating-Group-Sample-20100409002.qvw]

Hi guys,

Need help to solve the following situation:

Take a look at the attachment.

There is a table showing sales by Database / Company or Division.

The expression "Sales by Currency1" should show the sales amount in USD, EURO or GBP as selected by the user. Just as in the upper table.

Now, after checking the data is correct, I remove SalesUSD, SalesEURO and SalesGBP, but then the expression "SalesByCurrency1" does NOT show the data.

What's happening here?

Thanks in advance,

Aldo.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

In your currency expression, you are referring to the other expressions by name. When you remove the other expressions, those names don't refer to expressions in the chart (but they do refer to a field in your data). When the other expressions are removed, you are telling QlikView to give you the value of the field SalesUSD.

I added another table that is straight referencing the fields SalesUSD, SalesEURO and Sales GBP to demonstrate the problem. I'll give it a shot and see if I can come up with a solution.

EDIT: This expression should work, but only when 1 (and only 1) Currency is selected:

=Sum($(=Concat(SalesByCurrency)))

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In your currency expression, you are referring to the other expressions by name. When you remove the other expressions, those names don't refer to expressions in the chart (but they do refer to a field in your data). When the other expressions are removed, you are telling QlikView to give you the value of the field SalesUSD.

I added another table that is straight referencing the fields SalesUSD, SalesEURO and Sales GBP to demonstrate the problem. I'll give it a shot and see if I can come up with a solution.

EDIT: This expression should work, but only when 1 (and only 1) Currency is selected:

=Sum($(=Concat(SalesByCurrency)))

Not applicable
Author

Hi there!

Actually the expression you suggested solves the problem, because in this case one and only one currency can be selected at a time.

Thanks a lot!

Aldo.