Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set Analysis and max date

Hello,  I'm trying to compare amounts based on the max month available.

My issue occurs whenever I select a month, the expressions sum the selected month's amount instead of the previous month's amount.

Here's an example of my code

First Column:

=sum({<Reporting_Period_Num = {'=(max(Reporting_Period_Num))'}>} Account_Balance)

Second column:

=sum({<Reporting_Period_Num = {'=(max(Reporting_Period_Num)-1)'}>} Account_Balance)

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You're right.  Utilizing the master calendar is the better way to go here as I don't want to ignore the other filters

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for providing this response this has helped my implement a comparison between current and previous period.

Count({$<Period_seq={$(=max(Period_seq))}>} NPS)

Count({$<Period_seq={$(=max(Period_seq-1))}>} NPS)

1=30/11/2015

2=31/12/2015

3=31/1/2016

etc

I now want to include all data over the last 12 months, so need to add a greater than sign to the above, something like:

Count({$<Period_seq>{$(=max(Period_seq-13))}>} NPS)

Can you help?

Best wishes

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

If(Period_seq > AddMonths(Max(Period_seq),-12), Count(NPS))

Or

Count({<Period_seq = {"> $(=AddMonths(Max(Period_seq),-12))"}>}NPS)

Or

Count({<Period_seq = {"> $(=AddYears(Max(Period_seq),-1))"}>}NPS)

Or

Count ({<Period_seq = {"=Aggr(If(Period_seq >AddMonths(Max(Period_seq),-1),Period_seq ),Period_seq )"}>} NPS)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

Try like this:

Count({$<Period_seq = {"$(='>=' & Max(Period_seq-13) & '<=' & Max(Period_seq))"}>} NPS)

I would add less then equal to Max(Period_seq) to make sure you still see 12 months of data if you have made selections. Otherwise if you don't but the <= condition, you will see a lot of more data then you expect after selection in Period_seq

Not applicable
Author

Thanks so much!  This works!!