Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis related query

Hi,

i have a Column (Field Name) MemberID , i am showing records as MemberId wise SUM of Orders.

Like Below :

table1.png

Now i want to add a another Column which have difference of each member with Member Id 2 . that means each record will subtarct by 14069 ( Memberid 2 No. of Orders) . i have observe that when we use the same Field which is already a part of the Column the set analysis did not work or work only for the record which is matching below is result information

table2.png

The is just a example the same i have to do with other columns also. i want to use same on memberid, datewise.

7 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Can you provide sample data related to your query... Little confusion about MemberID 2 !

Not applicable
Author

Dear Manish the above was just for understanding purpose what output i actually want is in for of excel file.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Use below script...

TEST:

LOAD MemberId,

Date,

[sum of Orders] as Orders

FROM

ResultQlikview.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

Left Join

Load MemberId, Date(Min(Date)) as MinDate Resident TEST Group By MemberId;

Create a Straight Table

Dimension

MemberId

Date

Expressions

1) SUM(Orders)

2) SUM(Orders) - Min(TOTAL <MemberId> Aggr(SUM({<Date = {"= Date = MinDate "}>}Orders),MemberId))

Not applicable
Author

I dont want to use script for this i want to so with set analysis only, because my minimum i want to be filxible, that means if i select data from Mar-2014 to June-2014 the 1st Mar 2014 will br my MIN date, if i select from Jun-2014 to Sep-2014 then my 1st June 2014 will be the MIN Date.

Not applicable
Author

I can not understand the limitation that when a particular Field ( Column) became a part of the table, then SET ANALYSIS not work as per its standard.

Why it is so that we can only use Set Analysis on the field ( Column ) which is not part of the table.

Strange ..

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Without Changing the Script

SUM(Orders) - Min(TOTAL <MemberId> Aggr(SUM({<Date = {"=Aggr(Date(MIN(TOTAL <MemberId> Date)),MemberId,Date)"}>}Orders),MemberId))

Not applicable
Author

I am looking into this once i verify i will let you know, first cut it is working  fine.