Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set Analysis using Dates

Hi

I'm haing a problem using dates in my set analysis.

Included is a sample to illustrate the problem.

I really just need to be able to sum the values related to a period going back from the current date i.e. last 3 months, or last 12 months etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Joao.

9 Replies
er_mohit
Master II
Master II

see the attached file

Not applicable
Author

Just share some data which u r using

Not applicable
Author

Hi check below Last3month sum script

Create date as TRANDATE(DD/MM/YYYY)

SET vLTMonth =Date(Max(TRANDATE),'DD/MM/YYYYY') ;

SET vLastThreeMonth= =monthstart(vLTMonth) ;

Sum( {<TRANDATE={'>=$(vLastThreeMonth)<=$(vLTMonth)'},Month=,Year= >}Value)

Hope it will help u

Regards-Bika

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for this. It is very useful.

Please can you confirm that what you are telling me, is that I can't achieve what I want to with the date format that I currently use, which is YYYY-MM-DD i.e. I have to change this to DD-MM-YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY?

Joao

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, but please confirm that I can't do this with the date format I am using (QlikView model attached). Both suggestions imply that I must change this.

Joao.

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

try this to change format

date(date#(Datefield,'YYYY-MM-DD'),'DD/MM/YYYY') AS Date,

or

Date(Datefield,'DD/MM/YYYY') as Date

hope it helps

Not applicable
Author

Hi it will help u...

Term analysis.bmp

Regards-Bika

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

if your problem resolved then to close thi thread mark it as correct or helpful answer so that it might be helpful for other developer

Regards

Mahit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Will do.

Unfortunately, I am not there yet.

I'm not sure how / where to try implementing the above. I would prefer the option of not having to change my date formats (if this is an option). If it isn't, do I change it at time of import, or can I leave everything as is, and implement this change only where I do the set analysis (which will be extensive)?

I will play around with this to check what works, and close the call when I am happy with the solution. I will at the very least mark it as helpful once I have confirmed that it resolves the issue (even if it doesn't exactly address what I am trying to achieve).

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Regards,

Joao.