Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis with Field = Field

I am trying to wirte a set analysis statement for the sum where two fields have equal values. 

I am using the syntax  sum({<PrevWAC -= CurrWAC>} Balance) this returns the value equal to sum(Balance) so it is ignoring the set statement.

If I use an If statement of If(PrevWAC <> CurrWAC, sum(Balance), 0) in a straight table with the dimensions of 'account', 'PrevWAC', 'CurrWAC' the table shows the sum where PrevWAC is not equal to the CurrWAC at the account level and the total sum of rows gives me the correct answer.

I cannot figure out why the If statement works and the Set Analysis does not.  I need to use Set Analysis because this is just one part of the statement I am trying to create.  I have searched the posts and tried every solution idea I could find.  Any Ideas?

Thank You

Patrick

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I tried the flag and it did work that way.  Thank you.  Curious on why it doesn't work the other way. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It works for the same reason the "if" expression works.  As for the "set" - I don't see an easy way here, and recommend the flag or "if".

Not applicable
Author

I am using the flag and was able to integrate it into my file fine.  Thank you all for your help.

hoangvvo
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Here's the sample load:

tmp:NoConcatenate
load * inline

[_RecordID,fld1,fld2,balance
];

_RecordID is unique for each row in the table.

Here's the chat expression:

sum({$<[_RecordID]={"=fld1<>fld2"}>}balance)

Explanation: Return the _RecordID, when fld1 is not equal to fld2, then sum the balance.

This compare the two field and return _RecordID, which identify balance value on that row.

This works great as longa s _RecordID is unique, otherwise the return will find all _RecordID matching and sum its balance.

sum({$<UID= {"=PrevWAC <>CurrWAC"}>}Balance)

replace UID with your table's unique row id.