Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis with multiple conditions

Hello,

I'm starting to use set analysis for the expressions in charts. I'm having trouble when I need to have multiple conditions to aggregate values.

The original formula (it worked flawlessly but if I selected some data the chart was rebuilt) was:

=Sum(If(Tipo >= 2, If(right(Quarter,1)='1',If(left(Quarter,2)='15',ENR))))/Sum(If(right(Quarter,1)='1',If(left(Quarter,2)='15',ENR)))

The formula with set analysis that I think would be similar would be:

=Sum({1<Tipo={">2"},Quarter={"15*"},Quarter={"*1"}>}ENR)/Sum({1<Quarter={"15*"},Quarter={"*1"}>}ENR)

Do you know what I'm doing wrong with the second one?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Found the solution playing a little bit with the expressions.

Apparently with this expression it's solved:

=Sum({1<Tipo={">=2"},Quarter={'15Q1'}>}ENR)/Sum({1<Quarter={'15Q1'}>}ENR)

The difference is I have only 1 Quarter condition, it's a little bit weird to me since both expressions should be the same. Anyone has any clues?

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Expression seems okay to me, What was the wrong with that?

May be change it as Single Quotes? May be Qlikview Frustrating

Sum({1<Tipo={">2"},Quarter={"15*"},Quarter={"*1"}>}ENR)/Sum({1<Quarter={"15*"},Quarter={"*1"}>}ENR)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

The difference between >2 and >=2 was noted and even though it changes the chart it's still not the same as the original formula

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Why do you use {1<.... instead of {$<...

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Hence, Here >2 will fetch only till 1 from initiative. But, >=2 will effect with 2 Club value due to using of  Equal before value. That is the power of Algorithms will do

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Neither the single quotes nor the >= solve that the expressions show different values between the formulas. Tried both

Not applicable
Author

According to a tutorial by Michael Tarallo the 1 instead of the $ is to show always the condition even if you select some other values.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't know your data, but it could be a "problem" like that

https://community.qlik.com/message/1021669#1021669

When combining fields within if conditions / expressions which don't have a 1 to 1 relationship, you "multiply" your data, because QlikView builds temporary join tables.

Not applicable
Author

The thing is I'm comparing the resulting chart with one "handmade" in excel. The original formula is exactly the same as the one in excel and I know that's the correct one.

Not applicable
Author

Found the solution playing a little bit with the expressions.

Apparently with this expression it's solved:

=Sum({1<Tipo={">=2"},Quarter={'15Q1'}>}ENR)/Sum({1<Quarter={'15Q1'}>}ENR)

The difference is I have only 1 Quarter condition, it's a little bit weird to me since both expressions should be the same. Anyone has any clues?