Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis

Hi Guys,

I'm messing around with the different identifies, modifers and operators to see what they actually do 🙂

I written this code in my one expression sum({1<CostCode={'Normal Time'}, Week={'2011/02/28'}>}Hours)

And in my pie chart I get no data to display. This 'code' works fine without the week part in there. Could it not be populating because I have either not deifined the date correctly or what 🙂

Oh and the context around what I am trying to do with this set analysy. I want to see only weekly hours where the cost code is Normal Time and for a particular week. It needs to be independent of any selections in my worksheet

Thanks,

Byron

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Byron - Your date should be same as Week field. Also try using the [ ] brackets around the date or use the DATE and TIME functions for explicit date format conversions.

You can post the QV document with sample data and I am sure one of us from the forum will help you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Byron,

Please, attach an example of the QV application.

Kind regards,

Janusz

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Byron - Your date should be same as Week field. Also try using the [ ] brackets around the date or use the DATE and TIME functions for explicit date format conversions.

You can post the QV document with sample data and I am sure one of us from the forum will help you.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, formatting was the issue Big Smile

Not applicable
Author

Hi Byron,

Check the attached application. this works for me. As "DV" said you may need to check your DateTime formate for Week.

- Sridhar