Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicolett_yuri

Set Bold in Text Object

Hello everybody, I have a text object that acts as a button, this object has the function to set the variable test = 1. I would do the following: When this object is clicked, the variable is set to test = 1 and the text written in this text to bold.

I tried using the expression: if (test = 1, '<B>') but the displayed text is not shown in bold. I can understand that this is not possible, since I'm in this expression by setting font color (font tab). Is there a way to pass this expression and the text in the text object be as bold?

PS: I do not want to use macro to do this.

Sorry my english :S

Yuri

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

I'm not sure you can do this with an expression in the text object, another choice is to create two text objects in the same place, same size etc, one is bold the other is not bold. The one that is bold should have a conditional show expresstion (in the layout tab) as test=1 and the second object that is not showing bold text should have a conditional show expression such as test<>1.

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable

I'm not sure you can do this with an expression in the text object, another choice is to create two text objects in the same place, same size etc, one is bold the other is not bold. The one that is bold should have a conditional show expresstion (in the layout tab) as test=1 and the second object that is not showing bold text should have a conditional show expression such as test<>1.

Regards,

nicolett_yuri
Author

I thought of something, but I would avoid duplication of objects.

Thank you for the tip!

Not applicable

I think creating two objects is a good idea, otherwise, you have to create a macro fro changing the text properties.

greetings

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can change the font color using expression, which may be used to create something similar to a bolding effect. For example:

if(test=0,lightgray(),black())

-Rob

nicolett_yuri
Author

Thanks guys.

I will try something similar.

Yuri