Skip to main content

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2023, a live, in-person thrill ride. Save $300 before February 6: REGISTER NOW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reddwarfcrew
Contributor II
Contributor II

Set Expression Results Inconsistent

Hi, I have 2 qvws that are pretty much the same except 1 loads data from excel in the script and the other SQL from an Oracle DB.

Now both have a series of button with an expression to generate the text of the button.  Each button represents a team member.  I'm using a set expression to display the count of items for each team member based on the current selection.  So the expression is:

=Count({$<[TEAM_MEMBER]={'*John*'}>} [ID])

Without any selection, the expression returns correct results. If I make selections, the numbers adjust correctly..... EXCEPT......

If the selection I make is a team member then I would expect all to become 0 apart from the one for the team member that has been selected.

In the qwv pulling data from excel, it all works as expected and if I select a team member then all go to 0 except the chosen person.

In the qwv pulling data from ORACLE, all works great apart from when I add a selection for team member. The result returned for each is as though I haven't selected a team member. The figures correctly adjust if I choose other selections but the team member selection is being ignored.

The Oracle qwv was a copy of the excel qwv and then the script changed etc.  I doubt the script has anything to do with it, but it's the only thing I can see which is different.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddwarfcrew
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Okay sussed it.

Both are actually working correctly.  I've realised that the 'if' part of the statement is actually a modifier which changes the selection and so overrides the selection if I have a team member selected.

The reason why one file sets the results to 0 is because I have 2 fields that refer to the team member and the selection was using the second whereas the 'modifier' in the set analysis was using the first (so technically a different field!!).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
reddwarfcrew
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Okay sussed it.

Both are actually working correctly.  I've realised that the 'if' part of the statement is actually a modifier which changes the selection and so overrides the selection if I have a team member selected.

The reason why one file sets the results to 0 is because I have 2 fields that refer to the team member and the selection was using the second whereas the 'modifier' in the set analysis was using the first (so technically a different field!!).