Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Expression to Include and Exclude

This was the original formula I was using in a bar chart until I was told we needed to trim down the displayed system names:

=(count({$<history_status_name={'Resubmitted'}>}history_update_date)/count(add_date))

So I tried some set analysis wizard and it came out with the following formula, but of course QV didn't like it.

=count({$<system_name-={'Capacity Tool Addition','CN Release - Test Wafer','New Development','Production'}>}(count({$<history_status_name={'Resubmitted'}>}history_update_date)/count(add_date)))

I need to exclude the 4 system names first, and then use history status names of "Resubmitted" in the calculations. Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm afraid I don't understand your requirements. Does this do what you want:

=count({$<system_name-={'Capacity Tool Addition','CN Release - Test Wafer','New Development','Production'},history_status_name={'Resubmitted'}>}history_update_date)/count(add_date)))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm afraid I don't understand your requirements. Does this do what you want:

=count({$<system_name-={'Capacity Tool Addition','CN Release - Test Wafer','New Development','Production'},history_status_name={'Resubmitted'}>}history_update_date)/count(add_date)))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Try This

=count({1-$<system_name={'Capacity Tool Addition','CN Release - Test Wafer','New Development','Production'},history_status_name={'Resubmitted'}>}history_update_date)/count(add_date)))

Regards,

Nirmal.

Not applicable
Author

Yes it does, Gysbert! I had to remove two parantheses at the end and it still underlined everything after:

=count({$<system_name-=

with a squiggly red line, but it was exactly what I needed. This will help tremendously with the rest of my expressoins as well.