Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis comparing two fields

Howdy, can someone help me get the third column in the left table working correctly...

I want to have set analysis to ...but its not working

Sum({<Master_WeekNum = {Quota_WeekNum}>}[Allocation %])

I am trying to bring over the allocation % from the table on the right...to match the same "Master_WeekNum" for the table on the left.

Much thanks!

-David

Quota vs. week num.PNG.png

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Probably best to join the 2 tables in the load script, the you just need to put the dimension and 2 expressions into your chart it will associate and work.

Hard to give precise instructions. 

Share a picture of your data model and maybe even the text of your load script and I am sure someone will assist.

Not applicable
Author

I was trying to keep them seperate in the model...is it possible to write the set analysis to simply compare the week number dimensions?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this

Sum({<Master_WeekNum = {$(=Concat(DISTINCT Quota_WeekNum, ','))}>}[Allocation %])

OR

Sum(If(Master_WeekNum = Quota_WeekNum, [Allocation %]))

Or in script simply join both the tables.

Hope this helps you.

Regars,

Jagan.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I know it is a long time ago this question was posed - but for the benefit of those that might search this up:

1. Your Set Expression is not entirely correct. To be able to compare two fields the second field must not be enclosed in curly braces
(curly-brackets) since the field itself constitutes a set.

So the expression should look like this:

Sum( { <Master_WeekNum=Quota_WeekNum> } [Allocation %] )

2. To be able to do a comparision you have to have one or more values selected in the second field (Quota_WeekNum) or the comparision will not be done. Possible values will not be included in the comparison - only selected values. That is according to the help in QlikView that states (the underscores and italics are mine):

Based on another field

A simple case is a selection based on the selected values of another field, for example <OrderDate = DeliveryDate>. This modifier will take the selected values from DeliveryDate and apply those as a selection on OrderDate. If there are many distinct values – more than a couple of hundred – then this operation is CPU intense and should be avoided.