Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis - percentage calculation

Hi all,

I have a question for you regarding the problem that happens me occasionally while I use set analysis.

Set analysis:

% of late deliveries:

count({$<[delivery status]={"LATE"}>} [DELIVERY NOTE UNIQUE ID])/(Count([DELIVERY NOTE UNIQUE ID]))*100

% of deliveries on time:

count({$<[delivery status]={"ON TIME"}>} [DELIVERY NOTE UNIQUE ID])/(Count([DELIVERY NOTE UNIQUE ID]))*100

Delivery note can have 2 statuses: ON TIME or LATE (there is no third possibility).

This analysis shows correct results in all cases, expect for one. In the case when I select either filter "ON TIME" or "LATE", I get calculated % values that are above 100%, or the sum of these two values is higher than 100% (what is not expected).

Have other people faced situation that % value calculated with set analysis is higher then 100%, and how you resolved it?

Regards

Vera

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Manish,

This is good progress, but I still don't get fully correct values. After I added *, when I select "on time" status, I get: 0% for "Late" deliveries (what is correct) and <100% for "on time" deliveries (what is not correct because it should be 100%).

Basically, selection of filter On time/late excludes opposite value from calculation, but it doesn't recalculate value, but it keeps the one before I selected "on time/late" filter.

I think that the problem is denominator because in some way it should also be sensitive to the selection made in the field "delivery status".

Thanks for helping!

Regards

Vera

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

It would be better if you provide few lines of sample data and let us know what exactly you are looking for; Believe me you issue is not very complex. But due to lack of data or sample application, people are not taking interest in replying.

Once you upload a sample data or sample application, you can have answer within an hour which you are trying to get since yesterday.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

My last try. If this will not work.. I need sample data.

=Num(count({$<[delivery status]*={"LATE"}>} [DELIVERY NOTE UNIQUE ID])/(Count({<[delivery status]*={"ON TIME","LATE"}>}[DELIVERY NOTE UNIQUE ID])),'#0.0%')

and

=Num(count({$<[delivery status]*={"ON TIME"}>} [DELIVERY NOTE UNIQUE ID])/(Count({<[delivery status]*={"ON TIME","LATE"}>}[DELIVERY NOTE UNIQUE ID])),'#0.0%')

Not applicable
Author

This is the answer I was looking for! Thanks for advise.

Good tip for samples. I'll prepare the test sample next time when I have a problem.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Eerno,

Thanks for your comments. It seems Manish managed to help me! I'll pay attention next time to prepare example to make communication easier.

Regards

Vera