Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set analysis with variable

Need help to write set expression using variable.

My current expression is:

count(DISTINCT(If(SLA_INDICATOR='SLA_MET' and Ticket_Type ='BPS Tickets' and [Referred to CPS] ='Y' and [Resolved Year]=Year(today()) and [Resolved Date]<=vInputDate+1 ,[TR #])))

I tried using the below to write the set expression with variable but its not working

count(DISTINCT {<SLA_INDICATOR={'SLA_MET'},Ticket_Type={'BPS Tickets'},[Referred to CPS]={'Y'},[Resolved Year]={"$(=year(today()))"},[Resolved Date]={"<=$(vInputDate+1)"}>}Id)

Can anybody please help how to write the expression with the variable?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this (you might have misplaced a parenthesis):

=Count(DISTINCT {<SLA_INDICATOR = {'SLA_MET'}, Ticket_Type={'BPS Tickets'}, [Referred to CPS] = {'Y'}, [Resolved Year] = {"$(=Year(Today()))"}, [Resolved date] = {"<=$(=timestamp(vInputDate+1),'M/D/YYYY h:mm:ss TT')"}>}Id)

Try this:

=Count(DISTINCT {<SLA_INDICATOR = {'SLA_MET'}, Ticket_Type={'BPS Tickets'}, [Referred to CPS] = {'Y'}, [Resolved Year] = {"$(=Year(Today()))"}, [Resolved date] = {"<=$(=timestamp(vInputDate+1,'M/D/YYYY h:mm:ss TT'))"}>}Id)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Count(DISTINCT {<SLA_INDICATOR = {'SLA_MET'}, Ticket_Type={'BPS Tickets'}, [Referred to CPS] = {'Y'}, [Resolved Year] = {"$(=Year(Today()))"}, [Resolved Date] = {"<=$(=vInputDate+1)"}>}Id)

pipuindia99
Creator III
Creator III

Count(DISTINCT {<SLA_INDICATOR = {'SLA_MET'}, Ticket_Type={'BPS Tickets'}, [Referred to CPS] = {'Y'}, [Resolved Year] = {"$(=Year(Today()))"}, [Resolved Date] = {"<=$(=vInputDate+1)"}>}Id)

What Sunny has given should work...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny

This doesnt seem to work. I have defined through input box and not in the load script

sunny_talwar

What is the resolved field format? May be you need that here:

Count(DISTINCT {<SLA_INDICATOR = {'SLA_MET'}, Ticket_Type={'BPS Tickets'}, [Referred to CPS] = {'Y'}, [Resolved Year] = {"$(=Year(Today()))"}, [Resolved Date] = {"<=$(=Date(vInputDate+1, 'DateFieldFormatHere'))"}>}Id)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

My [Resolved Date] is in timestamp format such 11/16/2016 12:57:17 PM and vInput date is in M/D/YYYY format so I changed the expression to the below but its still not working..

=Count(DISTINCT {<SLA_INDICATOR = {'SLA_MET'}, Ticket_Type={'BPS Tickets'}, [Referred to CPS] = {'Y'}, [Resolved Year] = {"$(=Year(Today()))"}, [Resolved date] = {"<=$(=timestamp(vInputDate+1),'M/D/YYYY h:mm:ss TT')"}>}Id)

sunny_talwar

Try this (you might have misplaced a parenthesis):

Try this:

=Count(DISTINCT {<SLA_INDICATOR = {'SLA_MET'}, Ticket_Type={'BPS Tickets'}, [Referred to CPS] = {'Y'}, [Resolved Year] = {"$(=Year(Today()))"}, [Resolved date] = {"<=$(=timestamp(vInputDate+1,'M/D/YYYY h:mm:ss TT'))"}>}Id)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny. It worked. I think the bracket was missed out