cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set analysis

Hello,

I have this expression which calculate recoveries SUM(PAY_AMOUNT) - Sum ({<PAY_DR_YEAR = P(SALES_DR_YAER)>}PAY_AMOUNT), now i would to know the actually recoveries made in the previous years, so would i be wrong to write these expressions assuming the current Year is 2012;

SUM({$<Year = {2011}>}PAY_AMOUNT) - Sum({$<Year={2011}>}{<PAY_DR_YEAR = P(SALES_DR_YAER)>}PAY_AMOUNT)    and

SUM({$<Year = {2010}PAY_AMOUNT) - Sum({$<Year={2010}>}{<PAY_DR_YEAR = P(SALES_DR_YAER)>}PAY_AMOUNT)   for the previous years respectively.

Thanks

8 Replies
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Try this

SUM({$<Year = {$(=Max(Year)-1)}>}PAY_AMOUNT) - Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)},PAY_DR_YEAR = P(SALES_DR_YAER)>}PAY_AMOUNT)    and

SUM({$<Year = {$(=Max(Year)-2)}PAY_AMOUNT) - Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year)-2)},PAY_DR_YEAR = P(SALES_DR_YAER)>}PAY_AMOUNT)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is there variable(s) i have to create in your above expressions?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

No need to create any variables for this, the below expressions are dynamic it calculates the years and uses it in the expression.

Suppose if you select year 2012 then the epxression

=Max(Year)-1 get max selected year 2012 and subtracts 1 from it and returns 2011and that value is used in expression.

=SUM({$<Year = {$(=Max(Year)-1)}>}PAY_AMOUNT) - Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)},PAY_DR_YEAR = P(SALES_DR_YAER)>}PAY_AMOUNT)

and

SUM({$<Year = {$(=Max(Year)-2)}PAY_AMOUNT) - Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year)-2)},PAY_DR_YEAR = P(SALES_DR_YAER)>}PAY_AMOUNT)

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

recoveries.PNG

Well the expressions looks okay, but the end result seems the same.Please find attached.Thanks

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I think = is missed in above expressions. Try below expressions

=SUM({$<Year = {'=$(=Max(Year)-1)'}>}PAY_AMOUNT) - Sum({$<Year={'=$(=Max(Year)-1)'},PAY_DR_YEAR = P(SALES_DR_YAER)>}PAY_AMOUNT)

and

SUM({$<Year = {'=$(=Max(Year)-2)'}>}PAY_AMOUNT) - Sum({$<Year={'=$(=Max(Year)-2)'},PAY_DR_YEAR = P(SALES_DR_YAER)>}PAY_AMOUNT)

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

Thanks for your quick response allow me to ask is the Year suppose to the same year field in the application?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Year is the dimension in the file, Please find attached file for solution.

Regards,

jagan.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Can you attach the sample file that you are working? 

Regards,

Jagan.