Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set default client in QMC

Hi,

I am calling qlikviews within another main dashboard using buttons.  As the qlikviews have macros within, it works fine only if the client is chosen as IE plugin. 

1.  Is there a way to call another qlikviews document using a button and ask it to open with IE plugin?

or

2.  Is it possible to change the default preferred client to IE plugin from QMC only for a select dashboards.  (I heard the setting would impact all the dashboards in the Access Point)

Thanks,

Sudha.

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Assuming you have Publisher :

In QMC go to :

• Documents
  • User Documents
  • Select the qvd file in the folder in question
  • On the Document Information tab tick IE Client as the Access Method and make sure the other 2 are unticked.
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I don't see this option.  Please see the screen shot of what I see -

Capture.JPG

maxgro
MVP
MVP

default client is in System --> Setup --> choose Qlikview web server --> AccessPoint --> Accesspoint Settings

if you want to limit to ie only

source documents --> choose a task on the left --> server  on the right --> availability

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.  I tried it and it gives an extra step in between.  After doing this setting change, when I click on the dashboard in Access Point, I get a small pop up window as shown below - Capture.JPG

And then I will have to choose the IE Plugin to open the dashboard.  Can this be bypassed?  Can I just open the dashboard in one click using IE plugin?

Thanks,

Sudha.