Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set default values to list box on sheet

Hi guys,

Please help me regarding how to set default value in list box whenever particular sheet gets active.

I have a application where when i open a particular sheet i want all my objects to show current year and month data by default.

I am aware of the method to do it but i am not getting the correct result.

Sheet Properties --> Triggers--> On active sheet--> Actions --> Select in field--->

Now here there are two options 1) Field & 2) Search String. Help me to understand what i need to put into these two options.

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Create a bookmark with the selections you want and add an Apply Bookmark action to the OnActivate sheet trigger to activate that bookmark.

If you want to use Select in Field then the first option is the field name in which the values should be selected. The second is the search string for the values that should be selected. You can use an expression to calculate a search string. The format is usually a list of values separated by a pipe character: I and enclosed in parentheses. An example would be: ("Value 1"|"Value 2")

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sandeep,

In Field : you need to mention the fieldname in which you want to do selection.

In Search String : Mention the value that you want to be selected from "Field".

For Ex : Lets say you have a field called Data with following values :

Data

Then in Field you should wirte Data and in search string mention 4 (or whatever value you want to select)

Hope this helps!