Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edemerdjieva
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Set variable to a default value

Hi guys,

I have a calendar object and use a variable (vDateSelected) to assign values to that object.

I would like to create a button which resets the value of the calendar to a default value. This means changing the current value of vDateSelected at the click of the reset button.

For this I create a button with "Define variable" action where "Variable" = vDateSelected and "Value" = "=Min({[CurrentMonth]} [Date])". The problem is that the value expression is not interpreted and I have "-" as a result.

What would be the solution of this case? Any help is appreciated .

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Elina, what is 'CurrentMonth'? a variable with month number?

In example it can be something like:

=Min({<MonthNumField={$(CurrentMonth)}>} [Date])

It will filter a field with months in numbers called MonthNumField, where the month number is equal to the variable CurrentMonth, form that month thakes the min date

edemerdjieva
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Ruben,

'CurrentMonth' is one of the values in the "Time" dimension that I use (defined in the load script).

I made another test: I assigned the expression "=Min({<MonthNumField={$(CurrentMonth)}>} [Date])" to a variable in the script and then modified the button action as follows:

"Variable" = vDateSelected

"Value" = vNewDate

But the result is: calendar object is now empty. I have the impression that the expression in vNewDate is not interpreted. On the contrary, if I assign a fixed value to the variable vNewDate then it works (date changes in the calendar object after button click).

Why QlikView does not interpret the expression?

marcus_sommer

Try it with:

"=Date(Min({<MonthNumField={$(CurrentMonth)}>} [Date]))"

because functions like min/max return not a string-interpretation of a date else just the pure number like 43119 for 2018/01/19.

- Marcus