Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Settings to Reload Dashboard in Server

Hi All,

We want to reload the dashboard whenever the user tries to open the dashboard in the web(Which we are loading in an IFrame).

We use multiple web pages where in user can update data, create new values which should reflect once we open the dashboard web page.

Do we have any settings in the Server which should have the functionality to reload the dashboard everytime when ever the user opens the web page.

Please let me know if someone has worked on the Administration side to fix this issue.

Thanks

Sai

8 Replies
advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Sai,

Seems you want the functionality of Refresh mode when application is updated on Server.

For more details you can have a look on

Settings > Document Properties > Server Tab.

Here you will find three options, please choose one of it as per your requirement.

Thanks

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Go to settings--> Document Properties --> Triggers-->

create trigger Onopen--> External--> reload

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sai,

does you data gets refereshed every hour?? the reason i' am saying this is because normally reload takes place during the night time or early morning (Before the users start to access the dashboards)

or taking things the other way round..how many QV users are there in your facility? Any my second concern is what will happen when 1 reload/refresh is taking place for a user and afer a moment the second user also opens the same dashboard.. there will be a conflict as per my experience goes..

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gaurav,

We are facing the same issue. We want the dashboard to reload only for a specific user when he opens the document.

Let me explain my requirement:

- I have page 1 where in i add a new ID to the database. Now, i can click on the ID which should navigate to the dashboard page.

- As this ID is not updated in the Qlikview Dashboard which is present in the server, the user will not be able to see this particular ID in the dashboard which will fail.

Can you please suggest a way to do this?

Thanks,

Sai

Not applicable
Author

Hi Advait,

Our issue is little bit different. We want to reload the dashboard only if there is a change in the database.

We cannot manually do the reload because we are not sure when the data can be updated.

So, is there any way to reload the dashboard everytime whenever the user opens the dashboard in the Web page.

Thanks

Sai

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chan,

On Open Trigger will not be fired when we host in the server.

It works fine in the local desktop but the same cannot be performed in the server.  We tried the same concept but couldnt perform the actions because of the limitation of QlikView itself.

Ref: http://community.qlik.com/thread/32890?tstart=0#138063

Thanks

Sai

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sai,

I think the only option is EDX..

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chan,

Thanks for your responses.

We are trying to implement EDX but are facing issues in using WSHttpBinding.

Can you please provide samples if you have worked with them earlier.

Thanks

Sai