Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mirasifali
Contributor II
Contributor II

Shared Cyclic Groups

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to have a common cyclic group controlling more than one charts. I have a UI reqiurement in which , client wants to show only one cyclic group simultanoeusly controlling two charts. Is this possible ??

Help Appreciated.

Thanks,

Asif.

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Cyclic (and drill down) groups are defined at the document level. You only have to define a group once to be able to use it in any chart you want.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
vikasmahajan

You can define Cyclic Groups and can use across the charts so that when you change values in one chart other chart also change accordingly.

For eg   Create Cyclic Grp : LOCDEPT which may contain location and dept dimension use this in one chart same group use in chart 2 .

Hope this may help you.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Groups are defined at document level.

If you change the choice in 1 group, all other charts that are using the same group will also change their dimension.

The button will show on all charts, but act as 1.

May you live in interesting times!
mirasifali
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks every one for your reply. But I am taking about the Expressions group and not the dimension group.I am aware that we can group the dimension and have different charts respond to the same group. But in my case I have Expressions group in two different charts, which I have to share

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Maybe you can do something with the suggestion of John here:

How to get the used expression?

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Consider putting the expressions into variables (in script or an include file) and use those.

Example script:

SET vCalculation = sum(Sales);

Example expression:

=$(vCalculation)

This way you can maintain your expressions at one central location and re-use them by means of variable.

May you live in interesting times!