Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show Current Project Activity

We have a large display for our project team where we need to show all current project activity. I'm easily able to show the current days project activity based on the 'Project Task Start Date'. However, my expression is only pulling the Project Activity with current date and not project activity that may stretch over a week or a month.

Expression: =count(distinct {<ps_ID -= {1067, 1065, 1066}, PS_parent_task -= {'- None -'}, ps_resource -= {'Unassigned'}, ps_priority-={'Cancelled'}, ps_startdate={'$(=Today())'}>}ps_ID )

Example:

This currently shows per my expression based on 'Project Task Start Date'

Project IDProject CoordinatorProject Parent TaskProject TaskProject NameProject Task Start DateProject Task End DateProject Task Estimated TimeProject Task Actual TimeProject Task StatusProject Task Resource Name
263Jessica Holcombe- None -Direct Certification File Import - Qty.1HUDC01 Hudson City School District-OH : 263 186215 Hudson City School District-OH Rollover/Upgrade Service3/9/20153/9/20151.51.5Completed- None -

I would also want to see this as a reference point since it extends over multiple days

Project IDProject CoordinatorProject Parent TaskProject TaskProject NameProject Task Start DateProject Task End DateProject Task Estimated TimeProject Task Actual TimeProject Task StatusProject Task Resource Name
1837Lisa Warner- None -FOH On-Site, Support - 3/9 - 3/13BREC01 Brevard County School Board : 1837 259115 Brevard County School Board Onsite Professional Service3/9/20153/16/20155016Not Started- None -
4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

=count(distinct {<ps_ID -= {1067, 1065, 1066}, PS_parent_task -= {'- None -'}, ps_resource -= {'Unassigned'}, ps_priority-={'Cancelled'}, ps_startdate={'$(=Today())'}>}ps_ID )

Your expression will only show the projects with today's date as start date. That means that today neither 263 or 1837 are shown since both have the day before yesterday as start date. If I change your expression to show the projects with 3/9/2015 as start date then both 263 and 1837 are shown.

So, I guess I don't understand what you're actually asking. Can you try telling me again in more detail?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

When the day switches from 3/9 to 3/10 project 1837 does not show at all and doesn't show their after. Because it continues to be an active project, I would like for it to show WITH the project activity that is only scheduled on a day to day basis like project 263.

I want to see current days activity based on start date but also project activity that may extend beyond that original start date to get the full picture.

Does that help? I think I've confused myself!

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

This set expression fragment will get projects that start on or before today:

ps_startdate={"<=$(=Today())"}

You will also need a clause that excludes closed projects if that is not already present

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, that helps. As jontydkpi said you need to change the set modifier for the ps_startdate and perhaps add one for the ps_status field. Something like

=count(distinct {<ps_ID -= {1067, 1065, 1066},

PS_parent_task -= {'- None -'},

ps_resource -= {'Unassigned'},

ps_priority-={'Cancelled'},

ps_status-={'Completed'},

ps_startdate={'<=$(=Today())'}>}ps_ID )

But if you do want to see the processes that completed today too you'll need something like

=count(distinct {

<ps_ID -= {1067, 1065, 1066},

ps_startdate={'$(=Today())'}>

+

<ps_ID -= {1067, 1065, 1066},

ps_status-={'Completed'},