Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ciaran_mcgowan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Show Gaps in Line Chart (Multiple Dimensions)

Hi,

I know this can be done in line charts with single dimensions but is there a way to show gaps in line charts where data is missing? I've created a chart that compares performance over weeks to that of their rivals/competition. Some weeks, users might not participate and I want to represent that a gaps in the line. Below is what I have at the minute.

Line Chart.PNG

But I want something more like this:

Line Chart 2.PNG

Is there a way to accomplish this and keeping the background data in grey without layering one chart over another?

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe using the forecolor property of the expression and a condition that paints the line in light gray if the current value or next value is null.

I suggest that you post a small sample containing some data and the object in question for more specific help.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jcs_2015
Contributor III
Contributor III

You'll need to create a Master Calendar that includes "all" dates and relate that to your date stamps in your data.  No data for any point in time, with the Dimension as your Master Calendar date, would present "breaks" in the line.