cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ttwward
Contributor
Contributor

Show data in a chart that have value > 0

How do i limit what is displayed in a chart strait table? I only want to see the rows that have a value > 0.

These are the fields... If Loan Amount is > 0 then it should be displayed. If it is 0, then the row should not be dipslayed.

Cycle_Date

Loan_ID

Loan_Amount

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Yes, a count will force every row to show, because every row will be greater than 0. Something you could try is to use a conditional around the count.

If(One_Of_The_Zero_Fields > 0, Count(Whatever), 0)

That would give you a count of the non-zeros and would suppress the count when the other fields would resolve to 0.

Does that resolve your problem?

Also, there is an Excel file attached to your post, but it's at the bottom. Did you use the Add/Update Attachment option from the Options tab?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use "suppress zero values" in the chart properties.

ttwward
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the quick response. The suppress zero values was already selected. Didn't work for me.

Trina

Not applicable

The Suppress Zero Values option only works if ALL of the expressions end up being 0. If you have an expression that is coming out with a value for every line, nothing will be suppressed. Could you post a sample of what you have?

ttwward
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It seems as though because I had a count as an expression. It made the $0 value show. When I removed the count(Loan_ID) or count($Expense field) the $0 was suppressed. (Please note i tried to insert the qvw, but i got an error message)

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/11/8284.ValidValues.xls:550:0]

Not applicable

Yes, a count will force every row to show, because every row will be greater than 0. Something you could try is to use a conditional around the count.

If(One_Of_The_Zero_Fields > 0, Count(Whatever), 0)

That would give you a count of the non-zeros and would suppress the count when the other fields would resolve to 0.

Does that resolve your problem?

Also, there is an Excel file attached to your post, but it's at the bottom. Did you use the Add/Update Attachment option from the Options tab?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, a row will be eliminated by "Supress..." only if all columns are 0's. Count can't be zero unless you use a conditional expression. Apparently this is a solution.