Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pooja_sn
Creator
Creator

Show duplicate rows in TableBox

I am loading some data from my qvd into a tableBox which shows distinct rows only. I want all the duplicate rows to be displayed. Below are few approaches I tried.

1. Add RowNo() as an extra field so that it makes every row unique.

(Drawback: Not a feasible solution as the qvd contains millions of records)

2. Used valueLoop() and added a Straight table to display data. (Refer:   https://community.qlik.com/thread/11488)

(Drawback: Straight table does not display a horizontal scrollbar. thus , user will not be able to scroll horizontally and check what all columns are available in table.)

Is there another efficient solution to achieve this?

7 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Option 1 is really the only sensible option. Adding a single integer that is sequentially incremented is definitely the most efficient way of getting a unique ID. This allows QlikView to optimize away the symbol table for this field.

If adding one single integer column makes it not feasible I can't understand what would be good. Maybe scrolling through millions of records is not the right way of doing it then. Can you "force" the user to make some minimum selections to reduce the number of rows by an order of magnitude or two? So for example having one or more list boxes with dimensions where you set the ALWAYS ONE SELECTED VALUE restriction should do the trick.

gsbeaton
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi There Pooja N,

Yes, there is another way.  You can use the Dual() keyword to achieve what you are trying to do, for example:

T1:

load * inline [

id, month

1, jan

2, jan

3, jan

4, jan

5, jan

6, jan

];

T2:

load

dual(month, id) as themonth

Resident T1;

Create a tablebox with themonth as the only field and it will be repeated 6 times.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

George

www.qliktastic.com

pooja_sn
Creator
Creator
Author

The only drawback I see is - the size of my presentation layer qvw file increases and it takes a bit more time to reload .

pooja_sn
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi George,

I am not really sure about how can I incorporate the solution you suggested. The field 'id' specified in your example seems to be unique for every record of table 'T1' . I don't have any field that makes every row unique.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Create a new filed like below and add it in table box.

LOAD

Rowno() AS SNo,

FROM DataSource;

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

jagan.

gsbeaton
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You could just use the RowNo() function, if you are loading from a QVD, then this would work:

Load

DUAL(RowNo(), Month) as Month

from your.qvd (QVD);

Every field in QlikView has 2 values, a text value and a numeric.  The Dual() function lets us set them both explicitly.  Adding RowNo() ensures that each field is unique.

If you want to post more of your code, I'd be happy to write something that fits what you have.

Kind regards

George

www.qliktastic.com

avinashelite

Hi Pooja,

Approach one is the better way  to handle your problem ...

try like this :

1. Add the ROWNO() function to the file where your presenting the data don't add this column in the QVD

2.Since ROWNO() produce a number , memory allocation will be must efficient

3.In the front end try to show your charts on conditional mode i.e. instead of showing 10 years of data ...have check to select the year so that your chart loading will be really fast