Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show object when selection is made in another object

Hello,

I have a table with my clients and I would like to sort them per country (which is working) and for Belgium and france, I would like to sort them per region.

I defined the different region using the postcodes and it works when i put these new values in a selection box. But the matter is that these two new selection box are apparent when no selection is made in the country slection box.

I looked up on the internet, but I'm unable to get a good expression to show my selection box with the different region in Belgium, when Belgium is selected in the country box.

Thanks a lot again

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Do you want the region list box to be hidden until Belgium or France are selected in the Country list box?

If so, go to Layout in the region list box properties and enter this expression in the conditional show box:

=WildMatch(Country, 'France', 'Belgium') // if only one country selected

or

=WildMatch(GetFieldSelections(Country), '*France*', '*Belgium*')   // if more than one selected

(Change the field name Country to the correct name for your model. Remember that field names are case sensitive)

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Do you want the region list box to be hidden until Belgium or France are selected in the Country list box?

If so, go to Layout in the region list box properties and enter this expression in the conditional show box:

=WildMatch(Country, 'France', 'Belgium') // if only one country selected

or

=WildMatch(GetFieldSelections(Country), '*France*', '*Belgium*')   // if more than one selected

(Change the field name Country to the correct name for your model. Remember that field names are case sensitive)

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Yeah, the first one works perfectly

I tried with "getfieldselection" and other function like that, but it didn't work ^^