Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show previous 12 months of different years

Hey,

I have a question concerning comparing different months.

I have one dimension shown: Month

I managed to create a table in which I can compare one month with a previous one (even if it is the previous year):

sum({$<Year={$(=Year(AddMonths(MakeDate(Only(Year), only(Month), 1), -1)))},Month={$(=month(AddMonths(MakeDate(Only(Year), only(Month), 1), -1)))}>}Sales)

With this I can compare eg. January 2013 with December 2012 (even if it is in another year).

What I want to do now is show 13 months for my comparison: the selected month and year and all the previous 12 months.

If I select August 2013, I want to see August 2012, September 2012, October 2012, November 2012, December 2012, January 2013, ... till August 2013.

I managed to do this with this expression:

=(sum({$<Month={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(Month), -13))) <=$(=Date(addMonths(Max(Month), 0)))"}>}Sales))

The problem: I cannot show the previous 12 or 13 months when they are in a different year. See graph below: the selected month is September, and it only shows me until January..

I have the two expressions, I just don't seem to manage to combine them..

Please who can help me out?

Cheers,

Zipke

Knipsel.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi guys,

I found my own solution !! I had to show all of the Months and Years, in order to show the selection I wanted. The expression below shows 13 months. The selected month + the 12 months before the selected one.

Even if the months are of different years.

=(sum(Year=, Month=, MonthYear={">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MonthYear), -12), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MonthYear), 0),  'MMM-YY'))"} >}Sales))

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is it not possible with just expressions and dimensions?

I prefer not to touch the script to be honest.. It feels like I have got both parts already, I just need to merge them together..?

Not applicable
Author

Hi guys,

I found my own solution !! I had to show all of the Months and Years, in order to show the selection I wanted. The expression below shows 13 months. The selected month + the 12 months before the selected one.

Even if the months are of different years.

=(sum(Year=, Month=, MonthYear={">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MonthYear), -12), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MonthYear), 0),  'MMM-YY'))"} >}Sales))

Cheers