Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Showing the latest set of data from several loaded QVDs

Hi all,
I am loading several QVD's into QlikView which are used to keep a historical view of the data.
How can I force a table to show data from only the latest QVD file (there is a timestamp field in each qvd)

Thanks in advance,
Matt

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

There are probably a couple ways to handle this. Is it possible to get a flag into your load which identifies the most recent load?

You could probably do it with a macro. I'm not sure how your timestamp field looks. Are all of the timestamps for the most recent QVD the same? If so, you should be able to use the expression: =MAX(TIMESTAMP) to get the greatest number (this assumes all of the QVDs are linked up). It's may be easiest to set a variable (vMaxTimeStamp) to this expression.

Then you can set up a macro which uses: ActiveDocument.Fields("TIMESTAMP").Select $(#vMaxTimeStamp)

If you put that macro in your OnOpen, it should happen as soon as the document is opened.

Depending on how your data looks and what you're working with, you'll probably need to tweak this a bit.