Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Simple .qvw file access via access point

Hi,

I have a .qvw document which i have placed inside QlikTech/Documents folder. It is just a simple .qvw file(and no source). I want to grant access to few users on access point to view this document.

As a named user, I can see and access this document via access point. But, when I assign a document CAL to this document to the user, he/she is not able to access the same. It gives error message: "Failed to open document, you don't have access to this document".

Has anybody came across this kind of issue ?

How can a user access this document via access point when assigned a document CAL ? Let me know if I'm missing something here.

Any help/suggestion on this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks..!!

Regards,

Roushan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I think, I'm able to solve this 🙂

the problem was that 'All Authenticated User' was not assigned to the document, as it was copied directly inside the document. If we publish it via QMC there is an option to assign 'All Authenticated User' to the document. I then, assigned the permission manually on the server, and is accessible now.

Thanks a lot guys for all your help.

Much appreciated.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The error message is a typical message by missing access using section access. Is it used?

Regards

Not applicable
Author

I have not used any section access. Will that solve my purpose, if i use section access ? Thanks for guiding me, if you let me know how it can be done.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

are u using a Enterprise edition? if it is then you have to do below in small business edition all documents are visu=ible by default.

Capturar.PNG.png

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

No this won't solve your problem.

If there is no document cal the statement would be "there are no document cal for this document for you", so maybe it is another problem.

Can you find this tab:

Documents > User Documents > [select your document] > then go to Authorization tab
Not applicable
Author

Yes, its an enterprise edition. Still its not accessible via accesspoint. Attached is what i can see.QVCapture.JPG.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ok,

may be secuity in your case is set to NTFS , so go to your QVW document folder and add appropiate

user group . It appears that   in order for qlikview management console to control permissions the user group "authenticated users" must be given "read" security permissions.

anant

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

is IIS using or the QlikView Webserver?

fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ok

could you please check one more thing 2014-01-10 10_29_18-Simple .qvw file access via access point _ QlikCommunity.jpg

fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

even though you don't have section access in the document, the server applies these settings so make sure they are unchecked