Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hobanwashburne
Creator
Creator

Simple toggle button to lock selection

Does anyone know of an example where a button is used to Lock/unlock a selection in a particular list box? I imagine that I'll have to actually have two buttons (one to lock and one to unlock) and a "hide/show" variable depending on the condition.

But the condition I need to check against is:

if (Listbox A is locked show unlock button, else show lock button)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Go to Properties > Actions > Add > Unlock Field > Add Field

Click on Add Again > External > Set Variable > Add variable vLock and set it to 0

Add another button but select Unlock Field.

Click on Add Again > External > Set Variable > Add variable vLock and set it to 1

Then on show hide add something like if(vLock = 1) on the one button and the other button if(vLock = 0).

Place these 2 buttons at the exact same location in your model before you set the conditional hide / show. This way you will never know its actually 2 different buttons.

This should do what you want it to do.

Regards,
Marius

View solution in original post

2 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

You should be able to use a single button and change the text based on the value of the variable something like:

=if(vLock = 1,'Unlock','Lock')

The action would be:

=if(vLock = 1,0,1)

Not applicable

Go to Properties > Actions > Add > Unlock Field > Add Field

Click on Add Again > External > Set Variable > Add variable vLock and set it to 0

Add another button but select Unlock Field.

Click on Add Again > External > Set Variable > Add variable vLock and set it to 1

Then on show hide add something like if(vLock = 1) on the one button and the other button if(vLock = 0).

Place these 2 buttons at the exact same location in your model before you set the conditional hide / show. This way you will never know its actually 2 different buttons.

This should do what you want it to do.

Regards,
Marius