Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venkat_dabbakut
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Skipping top 10 row and Embedded labels while Loading xlsb file format into Qlikview using ODBC

Hi ,

I am able to load the data from xlsb files to the Qlikview using ODBC connection. Load script is generating like below

Load F1,

F2,

F3,

;

SQL Select * 

From  'Filepath\FileName.xlsb'.'sheet1$'; 

Please suggest to skip to 10 rows and embedded labels while loading from xlsb files.Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, maybe using a RownNo() ,field and precedent load like:

LOAD F1, F2, F3
Where Row>10 // or 11 to ignore labels
;
Load F1,
     F2,
     F3,
     RowNo() as Row
;
SQL Select * 
From  'Filepath\FileName.xlsb'.'sheet1$'; 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, maybe using a RownNo() ,field and precedent load like:

LOAD F1, F2, F3
Where Row>10 // or 11 to ignore labels
;
Load F1,
     F2,
     F3,
     RowNo() as Row
;
SQL Select * 
From  'Filepath\FileName.xlsb'.'sheet1$'; 
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

If Ruben's post got you what you needed, please be sure to close out your thread by using the Accept as Solution button on his post.  This will give him credit for the help and confirm to other Members this worked.  

I was thinking of trying to using the transformation wizard in the Load Script editor to do the work, but I do not know how the heck to do that on a SQL Select load, not sure if you try to load the XLSB file directly if that would work or not, that is not an extension we list, but we do use BIFF translator, so might be worth a shot to try that way to see if it might work.  I would recommend Ruben's idea otherwise.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.