Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_nlucas
Partner - Contributor III

Sort a chart dynamically by Weekday-Hour

Hello,

I am trying to sort dinamycally the chart below. The user must be able to select the weekday he wants to sort by. For example, if the user selects "Wed", the first value of the chart will be "Wed 01:00", then "Wed 09:00" and so forth (see chart).

I have asociated a numeric value for each value of the dimension and it can be sorted by that value with no problem, the problem now is to make it dynamic.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Joaquin

Capture.PNG.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

Hi,

one possible solution:

QlikCommunity_Thread_132157_Pic1.JPG.jpg

QlikCommunity_Thread_132157_Pic2.JPG.jpg

hope this helps

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Not sure i understand 100% .  If they select 'Wed' do you want to filter out 'Mon' and 'Tues' values but show Wed and everything after?   I think your chart is already sorted in chronological / weekday order.... 

j_nlucas
Author

I want that if the user selects "Wed" on a listbox, the first value of the chart will be Wed 01:00 (the first hour for the day selected) and will go all the way to Sunday and then Monday, and then the last value will be Tuesday. It goes around the weekdays.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Cool !

See if this helps. Using a variable , Set analyis and a custom sort order on the chart.

weekdaysort.PNG.png

MarcoWedel

Hi,

one possible solution:

QlikCommunity_Thread_132157_Pic1.JPG.jpg

QlikCommunity_Thread_132157_Pic2.JPG.jpg

hope this helps

regards

Marco

j_nlucas
Author

Hi Marco,

Thank you so much for your clever and neat solution. It works perfectly on my application. It's great.

Well done!

Joaquin

MarcoWedel

Hi Joaquin,

thank you, you're welcome.

regards

Marco