Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brf10043
Creator
Creator

Sort by Hour

Team,

I am creating a bar chart that tracks the number of incidents by hour of the day.  I am using the following code to convert the IM Arrival Time into an hour with AM/PM for my dimension .  I'm thinking that there might be a better way to do this, but I've not found it yet.  

=Mod(Hour([IM Arrival Time]),12)&' '&time([IM Arrival Time], 'TT')

Now that I have this working, I can't seem to get the chart to sort by hour (Midnight to 11PM) Here's what I currently have.  Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

How about this

=Time(Floor([IM Arrival Time], 1/24), 'hh TT')

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Why don't you try this

=Interval(Frac([IM Arrival Time]), 'hh TT')

sunny_talwar

Or this

Dual(Mod(Hour([IM Arrival Time]),12)&' '&time([IM Arrival Time], 'TT'), Frac([IM Arrival Time]))

brf10043
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny, but neither of those ideas work.  I end up with multiple bars for a given hour.  Not sure if this may help, but here is the code in the load script that creates the Arrival_Time Column

time(frac(ARRIVAL_TIME/ 86400 + 25569),'hh:mm:ss') as [IM Arrival Time]

brf10043
Creator
Creator
Author

Also, taking a closer look at the results using =Mod(Hour([IM Arrival Time]),12)&' '&time([IM Arrival Time], 'TT') I don't think that it's working properly.  As 12 noon is showing up as 0 PM.

I wonder if there is something I should be doing in the load script to convert the Arrival_Time column to Arrival hours formatted as 12AM through 11 PM.

The code that creates the Arrival Time column is below.  It takes a Remedy date (Date in seconds) and converts it into a time.  If I could convert it directly to an hour am/pm in the load script it might be better than trying to convert it in the dimension. 

time(frac(ARRIVAL_TIME/ 86400 + 25569),'hh:mm:ss') as [IM Arrival Time]

sunny_talwar

How about this

=Time(Floor([IM Arrival Time], 1/24), 'hh TT')

brf10043
Creator
Creator
Author

Perfect!  that did it