Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upaliwije
Creator II
Creator II

Sorting Issue

Hi Friends

I have folowing pivot Table in my QV doc.

Screenshot_1.png

My current output is shown in first statment and required report is shown below. In fact I want to sort my report (branch Column)as per ratio colum under Non_payment catagory. I have tried with follwing expresion in sort tab. But it does not work. Pls help me.

Screenshot_2.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made a short sample

I defined the sort for Dimension branch to "=sum({<Main_Cat={'Non-Payment'}>}Refund)/sum (total BRANCH> Refund)

it's sorted by Ratio of non-payment

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

does the Pivot table show "NON_PAYMET" instead of "NON_PAYMENT" in MAIN_CATEGORY?

upaliwije
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes Rudolf,

I have made a mistake there. I  have corrected it still the report is not what I want .. Pls help

Screenshot_1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you post qvw?

how Comes that branch A now has total of NOS=49 and Refund2016 = 1666665

in required ouptput branch a has total of NOS=31 and refund2016 = 626387?

no branch Shows the same figures like in your first post

upaliwije
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes What you say is correct. I am not in a position to share the Qv file. If you go by my last report forgetting the earlier one it is sorted on Value Column and  not % column. Can you suggest me a way to sort it according to Ratio. Pls help.

prieper
Master II
Master II

Hi,

you only need to repeat (copy & paste) exactly the expression used for the Ratio within the sorting option for BRANCH.

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable

I made a short sample

I defined the sort for Dimension branch to "=sum({<Main_Cat={'Non-Payment'}>}Refund)/sum (total BRANCH> Refund)

it's sorted by Ratio of non-payment