Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting List Box when "Show as TreeView" is flaged

Hi there,

I have a listbox with "Show as TreeView". When I select a node, there is no sorting. If I unflag the treeview, i.e. a normal listbox, the sorting works Ok.

Has someone faced this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

I'm using a very simple example of treeview, sorted as it comes by default Text (A-Z) and it's working fine. I've changed the sort option to descending and keeps sorting fine. Are you using numerical sort? Try with the text sort. Can you post a sample of your data?

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

I'm using a very simple example of treeview, sorted as it comes by default Text (A-Z) and it's working fine. I've changed the sort option to descending and keeps sorting fine. Are you using numerical sort? Try with the text sort. Can you post a sample of your data?

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry: the problem occurs in "Sort by State - Auto Ascending".

See the attached file.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I am able to sort with alphabet in the provided application.Can you please detail your query.?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

The State order is based on selections, so yes, it may "unsort" your list because some of their elements are selected. This is useful since it shows first the selections done. But in your case, where the hierarchy is important, I wouldn't use the State sort.

Anyway, I see your list sorted alphabetically, when I open "Qualidade" I see the child values sorted.

What is your expected result?

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Miguel.

In this particular case, I expected that "Qualidade" was on top, once is selected. The worst behaviour is when you hide the excluded items. Try to do this and you'll see "black holes" on the listbox.

Thanks again.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

It behaves as I'd expect, since its only ONE value in one field, although formatted to be shown in one or another way. So yes, if you select "Hide Excluded", and since there is no possible value at top level (you cannot select parents, but only the lowest level of the treeview), all but Produçao, that is the only possible value selectable, is hidden.

I mean, when you clear all fields, all parent values appear greyed (not possible, excluded). You may need to create an actual hierarchy load, so all values are selectable, so possible, and thus the listbox will appear white always.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Miguel.

I'll try to improve the quality of my data, but realize that even Produção doesn't stay on top if is selected.

Anyway, with better data I reply again.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

Follows a new example file. Realize that all parents exists.

I've set the "Hide Excluded" on both list boxs and selected the Qualidade/Concentracao I

So, don't you think that both lists should be sorted (by state)?

And, why the parent was hidden, once we are talking about hierarchical data?

If this is the expected behaviour, do you have some suggestions to address my requisite? I mean: I need to show only the possible values (included parents) wihout blanks on listbox.

Thank you.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

It's not hierarchical data, it's just one value of one field (the same value) but displayed using a separator. I meant a HIERARCHY LOAD in the script, so for each value in the lowest level there are some corresponding values in higher levels, so there are at least as many fields as levels.

Something like this example.

Hope that helps.