Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorting by WeekYear field

Hello everyone,

I have a week year field in my data that's generated as part of a master calendar:

Week(WeekStart(TempDate)) & '-' & WeekYear(TempDate) as TimeSheet.WeekYear

My problem is that I can't sort by it so it's obviously not being interpreted as a date. I've tried playing around with NUM and DATE# but haven't managed to find anything that works. I did try changing it to a dual in the script but it messed up the grouping and I ended up with separate rows for each day of the week.

Ideally I would like a quick fix that I can implement in the chart directly rather than the script as the document takes a long time to reload and I'm on a bit of a deadline!

Thank you in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

For front end fix, may be try this as your sorting Expression:

Dual(TimeSheet.WeekYear, MakeWeekDate(SubField(TimeSheet.WeekYear, '-', 2), SubField(TimeSheet.WeekYear, '-', 1)))

MakeWeekDate(SubField(TimeSheet.WeekYear, '-', 2), SubField(TimeSheet.WeekYear, '-', 1))

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

For front end fix, may be try this as your sorting Expression:

Dual(TimeSheet.WeekYear, MakeWeekDate(SubField(TimeSheet.WeekYear, '-', 2), SubField(TimeSheet.WeekYear, '-', 1)))

MakeWeekDate(SubField(TimeSheet.WeekYear, '-', 2), SubField(TimeSheet.WeekYear, '-', 1))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

why sorting by TempDate is not sufficient?

if not enter in sort tab: sort by Expression year(TempDate)&week(TempDate)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Brilliant, I thought MakeWeekDate might be the one but couldn't figure out how to make it work. Thank you!