Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Sorting

Hi,

I am trying to sort the text field (Full Name ) in the load Script as ascending order. but it is not working.

Anyone has faced the similar issue or is there anything i am missing.

I am able to sort the field in the list box using the Text option but not at the load script.

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

As far as i know, order by works with resident load not with load statement.

So try like this.

Data:

Load * inline [

Field1

A

C

B

];

Data1:

Load Field1 as Field2 resident Data order by Field1 asc;

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable

Hi  brindlogcool ,

You can use <TableName> Order By <ColumnName> in Load script itself and in the Properties Sort Tab, try sort by Load Order  and select the option Original.

Thanks,

Selva

sushil353
Master II
Master II

try to check your sorting setting in qlikview.. set it to load order...

HTH

Sushil

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for all you replies.

I did used the order by and set the load order in the list box still it is not working. I am facing the issue for the first time. For my previous project it is working fine.

It was a concatenated name first name and last name (ex Amy,Jackson) and even i replaced it ass Amy Jackson still it is not working. I am doing the sorting in the resident table.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Text sorting is not working in the Load script. Any one had faced the similar issue?