Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tanmay_bhardwaj
Contributor III
Contributor III

Source to Target Mapping details

Hi All

I am working on performance optimization of QlikView dashboards which is based on 3 Tier architecture. The dashboards are using multiple systems like SAP, SFDC and SQL DB as data sources.

They have very complex computations and more than 10 sheets in each dashboard. My requirement is to trace every values present in every KPI, Visual Chart back to its logic/transformation (if applicable) present Stage -3, then Stage - 2, and then Stage - 1 to eventually identify the source table and column name.

I need to document these details in the form a typical 'Source to Target Mapping' excel sheet used in BI projects. This manual activity is very time consuming so I was wondering if there is any automation/ready to use script/ or tool which can help extract this information.

I have access to both QlikView and QlikSense. 

Can some one please help me out with the best way to investigate this.

Thanks in Advance

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The Qlik Catalog & Lineage tool https://www.qlik.com/us/products/catalog-and-lineage will provide full tracing from chart all the way back to database table. 

-Rob

tanmay_bhardwaj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@rwunderlich Thanks for your reply. Is the Lineage tool available in Qlik Sense Enterprise or is only present in Qlik SaaS?

Also does it work on Qlik Sense or on Qlik View?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

According to the Qlik Lineage Connectors datasheet you can download from link above,  the Lineage Connectors works on both QlikView and Qlik Sense Enterprise.  Back when it was the NodeGraph product I found it very useful for migrations from QV to QS. 

Contact your Qlik sales contact for availability and pricing. 

-Rob

tanmay_bhardwaj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@rwunderlich , thanks for your reply. I checked with my Qlik Sales Representative and unfortunately the cost of the tool is way too much for my project budget to afford

Is there any other option to solve this problem?