Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Specify an action to go to a certain place on a Qlikview sheet.

Hi,

I am looking to create buttons to go to specific objects on the sheet. Is this possible? I was using Activate Object and Activate Sheet, but it only opens the sheet and does not go to the specific object I want to see for that button.

Any assistance will be appreciated!

9 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

You can activate deactivate minimize or maximize or make selection or navigation from one sheet to another but using an action to navigate to specific coordinates in the sheet I have never heard about.

mvanlutterveld
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

If I understand you correctly you can achieve this by creating a set of variables and use them for conditional showing of sheet and objects.

Please take a look at the example QVW I attached.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michiel,

Thanks for the QVW but its not quite what I am looking to do, there are a lot of graphs grouped per sheet with different headings, so I am looking for a way to help with navigation of the sheet and therefore have buttons navigating to the different headings on the sheet not really hiding sheets or objects. It doesn't seem like this is possible, not sure if you have know of a way to do that?

mvanlutterveld
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Ane,

Can you provide me with a screenshot? It will help me in understanding your requirement.

Cheers,

Michiel

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi,

One solution from side. Check the attachment and let me know.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michiel,

So  I have attempted to draw a picture of what I want, cause a screenshot will be a bit difficult.

I have 2 sheets in my example. Sheet 1 is the  index. Sheet 2 is the sheet I am referencing my buttons to, the sheet where they have placed multiple graphs under each heading and the usability and readability is poor as the user is required to scroll through a lot of graphs to get to the headings they are interested in.

Example 1.png

So I am looking for when the user clicks on button 1, it was have the heading 1 container at the top of the screen. For button 2, to have the heading 2 container at the top of the screen, so to avoid the user having to scroll through lengths of graphs to get to where they need to be.

Example 1.2.png

My objective is to make the model easier to read, because the way it has been built does not follow good design principles.

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tamil,

Your solution is not exactly what I am looking for as it is only hiding and showing the object. Not really moving to where the object is on the sheet.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Ane,

Yes, it's not what you asked but i just gave an idea to make it easier. I am at home now but I'll give a try tomorrow.

mvanlutterveld
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Ane,

Thanks for your reply. It’s clear to me (at least I think/hope )

What you want can be done by making use of the conditional show function of objects and sheets. This is the same principle as I’ve done in the app I provided earlier in this thread. In general you define a set of variables to which a certain value is assigned when clicking on a button. Use these variables in your objects and sheets to invoke the conditional show/hide of these objects and sheets.

Variables can be defined in the settings > variable overview menu. You’ll find the conditional show option in the properties of the sheet (tab General) and object (tab Layout).

So in your scenario, create Sheet 1 and place three text objects on this sheet (I prefer text object more than buttons as text objects can be modified better). Give these objects a descriptive name. Go to the Variable Overview and create3 variables with a descriptive name like:

vShowHeading1: Toggle Show/Hide of heading 1

vShowHeading2: Toggle Show/Hide of heading 2

vShowHeading3: Toggle Show/Hide of heading 3

Go back to your sheet 1 with the buttons and assign an action to all of these buttons (Object properties > Actions). Choose as action External > Set Variable and enter your variable and the assigned value.

Screen Shot 10-30-15 at 10.20 AM.PNG

This picture is from the app I provided you. In the box Value I flip the value of variable vShowObject_All from 1 to 0 and back, depending on its initial value.

And now for the trick: create a sheet per heading, one for heading 1 one for heading 2 and one for heading 3. Add to each sheet the correct conditional show.

Screen Shot 10-30-15 at 10.23 AM.PNG

On these sheets, add your objects in the desired layout.Provide a ‘home button’ on each sheet to enable the user to return to Sheet 1. Also it’s convenient for the end user to have some navigation buttons to navigate directly to each heading.

In the app I provided you’ll find all these techniques you need to fulfil your requirements.

Cheers,

Michiel